Dehumidifiers are used for removing moisture from the air in a specific area. There are many types of dehumidifiers with different features, shapes and sizes. There are dehumidifiers as big as for commercial use and as small as use for in a drawer. Compact dehumidifiers are small in size and portable with good capacity to remove moisture from a drawer to a single room.
Types of Compact Dehumidifiers
There are two types of compact dehumidifier which use two different technologies to remove moisture from the air. Below are the two main types of Compact Dehumidifiers.
Rechargeable Compact dehumidifier: Rechargeable Compact dehumidifiers are quite small in size with less power, good enough to remove moisture from drawers, cupboards, bookshelves, wardrobes or bathrooms. These dehumidifiers don’t require any batteries or wires; instead, silica gel crystals are used to soak up moisture from the air. You will just need to recharge the dehumidifier and it will work perfectly, no need to empty water tanks or look for plug switch. Due to recharging system and small size they are best for use in areas where there is no plug available or a bigger size dehumidifier cannot fit in.
Refrigerant Compact Dehumidifier: Refrigerant Compact Dehumidifiers are bit big in size as compare to rechargeable dehumidifier. They also have more power and are good for use in a single room, office or small basement. These dehumidifiers use refrigerant technology in which the air is passed through a cold coil where moisture in the air is turned back in to water and removed from the air. The dry air is then blown back in to the room. The water needs to be disposed of, for which different methods can be used. You can use the built-in tank to collect water and dispose of it manually or you can use a hose for continuous drainage in to a sink or drain.
Rechargeable Compact Dehumidifier
- It is small in size to fit in spaces where it is impossible for bigger dehumidifier to reach.
- It doesn’t need any power source to work, you just need to recharge and place it where you need to remove humidity. This makes it perfect for use in areas where there is no power source.
- Uses silica gel crystals to absorb water and then dry it. So it saves from mess created by water tanks and also gives ease of mind.
- It is small enough to carry it in a purse for quick use.
Refrigerant Compact Dehumidifier
- It is more powerful and can be used to dehumidify bigger area and works better even if humidity level is high.
- Portable with carry handle so you could easily move it from one room to another.
- Comes with auto shut off feature, when the tank is full it will shut itself automatically and will notify you using indicator light.
- Even though it is big enough for a room still it works quietly. When it is being used in a bedroom you will not be able to hear that it is working.