If you want a dehumidifier which works effortlessly and gives you the ease of mind then Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint is for you. This dehumidifier can remove moisture up to 50 pint per day in an area of 800 sq ft which is perfect for use in single room or office. It has digital control panel and humidistat control which makes it easy to achieve desired humidity level. Additionally, the convenience it provides makes it the optimum choice for use in room or office.
It comes with 3 options to dispose of water, giving you the choice to choose whichever option is convenient for you. You can use a drainage hose with it to continuously dispose water in to a drain or sink. You can also use the collection bucket which you will have to empty manually daily or you can use an external condensate pump to drain water. You don’t have to worry about water spillage, the unit will notify you when the tank is about to be full and also automatically shut off.
This unit is perfect for people who need a dehumidifier for a small area at a reasonable price. It can also work under low temperature which makes it perfect for use in areas which are much colder. When the temperature reaches below 41°F the unit will automatically shut off compressor to prevent ice from building up on coils.
Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint is one of the best dehumidifiers of its kind. Its convenience and reasonable price make it optimum choice. It also works under low temperature making it perfect for people who live in cold areas. Though there are a few minor issues comes with it which can be managed and doesn't effect it's overall performance.
Performance and Features
Frigidaire FAD504DWD is designed to provide effortless operations. Its digital controls and adjustable humidistat and continuous drainage options make it convenient and extremely easy to use.
- It can work under temperature as low as 41°F without any decrease in performance. When temperature is low, the unit will turn off compressor so ice won’t build up on the coil which can reduce performance.
- You have 3 different ways to dispose water, you can use a hose for continuous drainage option, use the collection container to collect water and empty it manually every day or use condensate pump to drain water.
- It is energy star rated so it will use less energy while providing such amazing performance.
- It has a portable design with caster wheels and side handles so you would be able to move it around the house easily.
- It comes with washable filter which can stop germs, odors and other particles in air. Furthermore, the filter comes with an indicator which illuminates when filter needs cleaning.
- Tank is located in front of the dehumidifier which makes it easier to remove and also it comes with carrying handle and splash guard for more convenience.
Like many other dehumidifiers, Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint also uses refrigerant technology. The air is pulled inside from one side using a fan and passed through a cold coil which separates moisture from the air. The moisture is collected in a tank or disposed of using a hose in to a drain or sink while the dry air is blown back in to the air. When the tank is full you can easily slide it out like a drawer and empty it without making any mess.
The fan also works continuously, which keeps the humidity level updated and makes it easier to keep it that way even when the compressor is off. It also uses a defrost system, when the temperature is too low the ice starts building up on coil which can decrease performance but Frigidaire FAD504DWD automatically turns compressor off so ice won’t build up.
It works quietly and effectively with 3 different ways to dispose of water. It can even work under low temperature without any decrease in performance. Furthermore, it has portable design and caster wheels and side handles make it easy to move from one part of the house to another.
Though it does have option for continuous drainage but the hose used for it is not included in the package. You will have to buy one yourself or use a standard garden hose. It is also bit difficult to set up continuous drainage system at start.
- best energy star dehumidifier
- energy star dehumidifier ratings
- energy star dehumidifier reviews
- frigidaire fad504dwd review
- frigidaire fad504dwd reviews